We would be delighted to welcome you as a member of Primrose Paper Arts.
Primrose Paper Arts aims to promote an interest in, and an appreciation of, paper as an art, and to provide support to artists using paper as the basis of their art works. Membership is open to all people who want to be involved in the paper arts including paper making, print making, bookmaking, and paper decoration.
The group has use of a studio with a range of materials and equipment for hand papermaking, printmaking and bookmaking, and a comprehensive library. There is a regular program of workshops, social work days, meetings, and other activities to give members and friends an opportunity to share skills, experiences and information in a supportive and inspirational environment. The membership base includes established and emerging artists, with interests which include papermaking using recycled paper and plant fibres, paper sculpture, artist books, surface design, and printmaking.
Our membership year is from 1 July to 30 June and the annual membership fee for 2018/2019 is $40 for all members. Fees are reviewed annually.
Members receive the following benefits
- access to the studio each Monday and Thursday during the year (unless there is another activity arranged)
- access to the studio on the 2nd and 4th weekend of each month (unless there is another activity arranged)
- use of the papermaking equipment and the printing press (with required training)
- access to a library of books and videos covering various aspects of the paper arts
- reduced attendance fee at workshops
- attendance at regular Tips and Tricks days
- a social day with other members on the 3rd Monday of each month
- participation twice a year in a display on the Mezzanine level of the studio
- participation in our biennial exhibition
- participation in other displays and activities
- information about exhibitions and activities through the newsletter and the website