PRIMROSE PARK PHOTOGRAPHY is pleased to announce a one day workshop covering photo framing. This event is open to all.
When: Saturday 29th October, 2016. 10am to 3pm.
Where: Primrose Park Art and Craft Centre, Matora Lane, Off Young Street, Cremorne.
This one-day workshop is a basic introduction to the world of photo framing. Whether you are interested in making photo frames and/or mounting your photos, this workshop will expose you to information, resources, equipment and suppliers you need to pursue your goals.
The workshop will be divided into two segments, allowing those only interested in mounting to come in the afternoon.
9.45am – Arrival and welcome, coffee.
10.00am to 12 noon – Photo frame making, training on the Vee Guillotine and Vee Nailer.
12 noon to 1.00pm – BBQ lunch (BYO).
1.00pm to 3.00pm – Mounting the photos, training on the framing table.
The workshop will include:
- Framing facility layout at PPP
- Consideration of framing mould materials and finishes
- Planning and measuring up
- Cutting and joining the frames (Vee Guillotine and Vee Nailer)
- Mat board package including the backing board and cutting the mat window
- Hinging and mounting methods, specialised tapes, etc.
- Assembling and finishing the frame
- Materials you will need to carry out framing at PPP
- Materials and equipment to carry out framing and mounting at home
What to bring:
- Sharp pencil and paper
- USB stick 4gb or larger, for notes
- Sense of humour
- Patience and lunch
Any questions: Contact James 02 9966 4463 or Wazza 02 9437 4740
All information supplied by Primrose Park Photographers.
Image: Designed by D3images – Freepik.com